Monday, April 30, 2012

Open Education Resources




Learner - To me as a learner O.E.R. means a new way to discover the contributions of other teachers. Teachers have been using this resource to share with others for over ten years. Some of the O.E.R's I found were very informative and could be utilized to help teachers create their own lessons. There is a wide variety of O.E.R's out there spanning almost every grade level and every subject. 

Student - As a student this tool will help me start to formulate my own lesson plans to bring into a classroom someday. As i move through the remaining courses geared towards my major, I can use O.E.R's to assist me in creating final products and projects when ever it my be applicable to future courses. It is worth sometime to read and discover the different methods and lesson created by other teacher. There was a lot of time spent creating these O.E.R's and worth consideration when taking on any new assignment to find out what lesson plan had already been created. 

Teacher - As a teacher I can use O.E.R's to help form lessons and form the curriculum for a given classroom, the resources are so detailed and descriptive it leaves out a lot of guess work in filling in the holes. That may also be the problem, a lot of teachers may just use these O.E.R's and not give it their own personal touch. It could create for some complacent teachers, just regurgitating the same thing over and over making the classroom dull and unexciting for students. 

No comments:

Post a Comment